Wednesday, May 03, 2006

I Got It From Kate

So I suppose I've caught the blog blahs from Kate. Not too much has been going on lately though except me working at Kaplan and trying to get motivated again about my thesis. Right now I have zero desire to finish the thing--now I get why some people never finish their degrees.

T
onight is the last night of my SAT class that's been going on since February. That's far too long to deal with spoiled high school kids after they've been in school all day. I also started tutoring an ESL student yesterday; she's very nice and smart and much better at English than I would be at Korean.

Ok, so I did do one cool thing...go see a taping of The Daily Show last Tuesday.

Jon Stewart was totally funny and gracious. Came out and answered some questions before the show. During the breaks he just played air drums with his pen, talked to the crew and bobbed his head to the kinda loud, very rockin' music--ya know, keeping himself pumped. Tom Selleck, the guest, was funny and attractive. It was strange to see the person who was probably my first sex symbol (Magnum PI) in person.

But the best part was toward the end right before the check-in w/Stephen Colbert. JS and SC are satellite linked during the break and are just talking and making fun of each other and of what they're doing. I will try to recreate some of it:

Both of them wondered how much it would freak their writers out if the writers knew that they didn't read the cards until they were on air. SC threw his cards over the counter in a gesture to prove that he didn't need them.
JS "How do you want to do this Stephen [in the absence of the pre-written cards/dialogue]
SC "Hot and hard, baby. Hot and hard"

JS "Tell the audience where you'll be on Saturday"
SC "The White House"

JS "Who will you be sitting with on Saturday?"
SC "The President of the United States."

JS "And who will you be making fun of on Saturday?"
SC "The President of the United States."

It was fabulous.


3 comments:

Dale said...

And when he made fun of the president, it was awesome. Go to Salon.com for a link to watch it and to read not one, not two, but THREE articles about it and how outraged the prez and the press corps were. You know you're doing something right when you piss both off.

Anonymous said...

Awesome! They had it coming big time!

Kate said...

I usually can't watch much Stephen Colbert because his satirical assbaggery is just a little too real, but the roast at the White House was awesome.

And we totally saw that Daily Show you went to! Awesome!