Friday, April 21, 2006

Happy Birthday Dominic!

Hello All. And a very happy birthday to Dominic "The Legend" Gaskin who turns some age older than me today. Don't think that because I'm telling the internet happy birthday for you that you won't get a call later. Oh, you will and it will be a drunken one.

So I, being the adult that I am, had meetings all morning and ran errands this afternoon. I turned in my application for an adjunct position at Drew for next semester, met with the director of composition to get information on the job/schmooze. (By the way, the program is really great, and I would totally love for this to be my first job.) Then I talked with my first reader about my thesis and here's her scathing criticism: Needs more research and organization. Not nearly as bad as everyone is making it out to be. And though she says she doesn't know if it will be ready in time for October graduation, it will be. She obviously doesn't know how tired I am of this thesis. Then it was off to Kaplan to drop some things off and to Best Buy to return my PalmPilot that died yesterday. I know, I loved it too, but this electronic device and I are destined to have problems. Oh well, better to know early. I happily replaced the PDA with a laser printer because printing my thesis is killing my poor little inkjet that I only bought last year. If, by chance, anyone needs a laser printer, Best Buy has a Samsung on sale now for $79. I'll let you know how the set up goes. Well, if anything is complaint-worthy.

I've just been cleaning up since I got home, doing laundy, and having dinner. A yummy Indian dish of chickpeas, tomatoes and okra over rice. Indian food has somewhat revolutionized my life.

Back to the important stuff....So Laura, Sarah (who we don't see anymore because she apparently feels obligated to do all her schoolwork) and I are going to the bar later. We haven't hung out in a while, so it should be fun. Dominic, perhaps I should amend my previous promise of a drunken phone--you may be getting one from three ladies in Jerz instead of just one.

No comments: