Monday, April 10, 2006

Napping with Kitties

Housesitting is great. No, I'm not at the place with the excessive-neck-fat pug dog but in the house of the family I babysit for. Or, in the house of the family for whom I babysit. And it rocks.

There's all the cable tv I could want; a huge, well-stocked kitchen; three (3!) bathrooms that I don't have to fight anyone for; a king size bed just for me with the fluffiest, warmest comforter of all time; and animals.

  • A black lab named Fallon who is so smart he almost talks
  • A black kitty, Rexie but who the kids call reg-ghy, who terrorizes my favorite cat:
  • Ophelia, my favorite cat, who is a tabby with a very round, cute face (I knew I would like this family when I discovered they had a cat named Ophelia)
  • A siamese, Mocha, who has been dubbed "Granny's Mocha" since she moved here with Yvette's mom a few months ago. She used to be an introverted kitty but has since come out of her shell being that she's in a house full of people all the time. She's so pretty and so sweet. And she likes to hide.
As opposed to the other house with Zeus, the pug dog, I love housesitting here and it doesn't make me depressed at all. When I go to sleep, there are animals everywhere though none are on the bed. But they do nap with me on the couch when we watch tv. Speaking of which, Dale pointed out to me last night that a good series is on the History Channel: 10 Days that Unexpectedly Changed America. It's good, you should watch it tonight for "Einstein's Letter."

Now that I've run through the animals and my tv recommendations, I have to go spray the yard with deer repellant then immediately take a shower as the instructions specify. There is an overpopulation of deer in NJ (never woulda thunk it) who eat the purdy flowers in the courtyard. Flow-er, pur-dy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like fun. Kitties and puppies and deer. That sounds like a delicious sandwich...