Monday, April 03, 2006

My Friend, Karla

I got some bad news this morning from a woman I worked with in the printing department at Troy University. Bonnie called me today to report that Karla Finlay Reed's 11 day old baby boy, Brendan, passed away yesterday of an infection and internal bleeding.

Those of you that know Karla can contact me for information about condolences. Apparently, the baby had a fever in the hospital but was sent home only to go limp on Sunday and be rushed to the hospital again. My heart is broken for Karla and her family; I talked to her about a week ago, and she was so happy and excited about Brendan. It seemed like just what she needed in her life.

I'm sure she would appreciate our thoughts if you'd like to get in touch with her. Saying clever things on the internet and complaining about my life just don't seem important or appropriate right now.

No comments: