Sunday, March 05, 2006

Ok, you win

I've resisted doing this for a long time, but my cooler and more technological friends have one out and now me and the internet are together full time. After my ipod and one of those new fangled cell phones with cameras, I guess this was the next step. Said with almost a sigh of defeat.

Actually, I enjoy (but not obsessively, like everyday, no not me) checking Dale's and Kate and Dominic's blogs, so maybe they'll enjoy mine too. Today I'm at work at Kaplan, which will probably be when I do a lot of this since there's usually plenty of internet time anyway, but I have to stay until 8pm tonight to proctor a GMAT. This mostly distresses me because the Academy Awards START at 8:00. I could miss Jon Stewart's opening which would make me very sad.

I've been gearing myself up for these Oscar's for a while. I love awards shows. Well, really just the Oscar's and maybe the Grammy's, and usually Miss America, but this past year was horrible. The standard of contestants has really gone downhill. Dale and I recently had a long, seemingly intelligent talk about how the most impressive acting lately has been the more subtle stuff after I said Catherine Keener was stunning in Capote though she had a supporting role. Dale came up with the subtleness theory and we talked about it as we drank red wine, named actors, and ate delicious baclava that is now one of my favorite desserts. It was more than likely obnoxious.

I think that's enough of me for now. Find me internet! and make comments!

3 comments:

Kate said...

Yay! Brooke has a blog. Brooke has a blog. No doubt your conversation with Dale was dripping with unintended obnoxiousness. That's what happens as we grow older and become yuppier. Oh well.

Dale said...

I like pudding.

Anonymous said...

If you missed Jon Stewart's opening:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-A986cc1Ps&search=jon%20stewart