Monday, March 20, 2006

To Daily Show or Not to Daily Show

The answer seems to obvious. It's the former, of course. But twice, TWICE I have had to cancel my Daily Show tickets. The first time was last February when I had to work on a paper and the second was just a few weeks ago when I cancelled because I have to teach on April 6th when I had so fortuitously gotten free tickets (I just mean the gettin' part, they're always free). Eeerrrrgggghhhh! I'm tired of stupid work and school getting in the way of cultural events. Doesn't everybody know that's why I'm here.

In other news, I recently housesat for a family for about 3 weeks and discovered that staying that long by myself in a house that's not my own makes me depressed and then I sleep on the couch every night after drinking too much diet coke with the tv still on The X Files and a stinky pug dog on the floor beside me. I didn't like it. Oh well, at least it gave me a good shower for those three weeks and provided me, Kate and Dominic with a pug dog's excessive neck rolls to laugh at. And it had a cool movie projector in the basement, so I guess I should hush.

4 comments:

Dale said...

Nothing is more important than the Daily Show! Nothing, I say!

Anonymous said...

Well, nothing except for TWO Daily Shows!

Anonymous said...

Overweight pugs are really funny. Not as funny as The Daily Show, but still pretty funny.

Kate said...

Zeus!