Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Thesis, Check

Yesterday, at approximately 3:00 pm, I turned in my thesis. Yeeeeaaaah! It actually took forever to turn it in 'cause I had to go to two places on campus to get it printed out then spend 30 or more minutes waiting outside the graduate office while the women that work there were kissing up to the visiting Irish harpist that was playing on campus that night. They made her tea while they were supposed to be thanking me for turning in my brilliant project and praising me for completing this step in my education. Some people...the nerve!

Instead of starting on my ten day drunk which I've been threatening, I took a nap, went out for fried food and ice cream, then drinks, then a bottle of champagne back at the apartment. It was a good night and my friends totally pulled together and celebrated with me.

Now I'm off to buy stuff in celebration and go to work this evening. I'm 'bout to make a fool of myself spendin' money, y'all.

2 comments:

Kate said...

You are awesome, Brooke. Congrats.

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Buy something cool! A plane ticket to Omaha? Sweet!